I often hear people say to me that raw food cannot possibly taste good, or can’t compare to the dishes which they try to recreate. However, in our Rawsagna we have a dish which proves all the doubters horribly wrong. Not only does it taste almost identical to a traditional cooked Italian lasagna, it actually tastes better! It really is possible to make the dishes that you love and recreate them using raw, unprocessed, healthy foods whilst actually improving the taste! I love Rawfoodism!
Here’s a quick look at how our Chef prepared the dish this morning.
1. First, zucchini slices were laid at the bottom of the dish. The zucchini here acts as the pasta.
2. Next, a layer of fermented almond cheese is added.
3. Which then gets covered by more zucchini slices.
4. After that goes the Walnut, Macadamia and Fig pate!
5. And another layer of zucchini slices.
6. Then a generous helping of chunky marinara sauce is spread on top.
7. Next, sprinkled on top of the marinara sauce is crispy eggplant ‘bacon’.
And that’s all there is!
Like all of our dishes here at Atsumi Raw Cafe, they are made to order as you’ve just seen here. If you don’t have to time or ingredients to make your own at home you can pop in between 9am-8.30pm Monday-Saturday and get one for 250 Baht!