The second in our “How to” series today shows off our to-die-for raw vegan Chocolate protein shake. I enjoy this one in the morning as the cacao gives a nice natural energy boost, but could be enjoyed throughout the day, preferably not just before bed though!
Chocolate protein shake benefits: High protein content making it perfect post-work out, high in omega-3 fats, high in fibre.
- 1 young coconut (meat and water)
- 2 tsp Chia seeds
- Small handful of walnuts
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond nut butter
- 1 large tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (we recommend a healthy non whey protein)
- 2 or 3 dates
Let’s make it!
Pretty straightforward now you’ve got all the ingredients! Just bung all of the items together, blend for 2 minutes and viola! Check the pictures below to see exactly how we did it.
1. Start by putting the coconut meat, banana and almond nut butter into a bowl.
2. Next, smile because you’re making such an awesome tasting, healthy shake!
3. Add Chia seeds and walnuts into the mix
4. Add about 3 dates, but not before removing the pip from the middle!
5. Add one large tbsp of raw Cacao powder and the protein powder of your choice.
6. Place everything into your blender and add one cup of coconut water (add more depending on your preference).
7. Blend for up to 2 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Important info: Chia seeds are really a fantastic addition to your diet. They’re high in fibre, high in omega3 fatty acids, energy boosting, they stabilise blood sugar, and lower cholesterol. Oh and not forgetting they’re high in manganese, calcium (18% of your recommended daily intake) and protein! They’re just very good, basically!
Conclusion: The creamy chocolatey taste will go down well with the whole family, but you should be making this for its health benefits, not only its beautiful flavour! 🙂
If you don’t have the ingredients or energy to make one of these yourself, come on down to Atsumi Raw Cafe and pick one up to eat in or take away.