This is the first in our ‘How to’ series of instructional blogs on how to make some of the famous Shakes, Juices, Desserts and Mains here at Atsumi Raw Cafe, Phuket – starting today with our “Breakfast Shake”.
Breakfast Shake benefits: High protein from nut content, high in electrolytes, cleansing
- 1 young coconut
- Flax seeds (soaked)
- Pumpkin seeds (soaked)
- Sunflower seeds (soaked)
- Papaya (could also use watermelon, mango etc)
- Almond nut butter
- 200ml almond milk
Let’s make it!
1. First, throw in a few dates and cut up some papaya into your mixing bowl
2. Add 2 teaspoons of Almond nut butter
3. Add as much spirulina as you wish/can afford. Here we are using 1 tbsp spirulina coconut yoghurt (which is to die for!).
4. Add around a third of the fresh water from inside your coconut (you can drink the rest later) and then add the coconut meat.
5. Mix in 200ml of almond milk
6. Add half a tbsp each of sunflower, flax and pumpkin seeds.
7. Empty ingredients into your blender, and add ice if you wish.
8. Blend for 1 – 2 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Important info: The high nut and seed content in this breakfast shake means it’s as a perfect post work out protein shake (for bodybuilders or fighters, add some extra good quality raw protein powder . We recommend Sunwarrior Protein) and the electrolytes from the coconut water give you the energy you need when you first wake up in the morning.
All the seeds we use are soaked over night, meaning the enzyme activity inside the seeds is dramatically increased, which makes them much easier for your body to digest. Therefore the assimilation of their proteins is much higher than if you just ate them without soaking or even less if they were roasted.
Conclusion: Give this one a go. It’s so creamy, nutty and damn right delicious that I’m gonna go and have my second one of the day, and it’s only just past midday!
Alternatively, pop into Atsumi Raw Cafe on Viset Road, Rawai, Phuket and get one for just 120Baht. 🙂